Jeri Bjorling’s AIKD
Camp Fire’s Absolutely Incredible Kid Day® honors our nation’s youth by asking adults to write letters of encouragement and inspiration to the incredible kids in their lives. It is a simple, meaningful way to let youth know how much they are appreciated.
Join Camp Fire of Northwest Ohio and our corporate and philanthropic partners as we celebrate the amazing kids who impact our community and communities here in Hancock County. Youth from around the nation will be celebrating along with you as we recognize absolutely incredible kids at Camp Fire council events, both locally and around the nation, as well as on social media channels like Facebook and Twitter.
How to participate:
AIKD is a day designated to honor our nation’s youth. Adults and teens are asked to write, post, tweet, and tag (#AIKD) notes of encouragement and inspiration to the youth in their lives. It is a simple, meaningful way to let them know how much they are appreciated. Lives are changed by this simple act of love and kindness. Camp Fire of Northwest Ohio will be holding a letter writing event this year on Thursday, March 15th. All are welcome, so please plan on attending!
- When: TBA
- Where: Rolling Thunder Skating Rink
Ways Your Organization Can Get Involved
- -Consider a sponsorship! While national and local sponsor opportunities are limited, it is a great way to participate in the event. Local event sponsorship levels are also available.
- -Host your own event at your organization! Use your internal communication channels such as e-mail to employees, a corporate intranet, or corporate internal newsletters to get the word out. Then, host your own event on March 15, 2018!
- -Encouraging employees to participate in the event through tagging their social media posts with #AIKD, liking Camp Fire Northwest Ohio on Facebook.
- -Support the event on social media! Use your official company social media channels to show your customers that you support youth empowerment! Re-post items from Camp Fire’s official feeds, or develop your own messages and tag the post with #AIKD. It’s simple, free, and can change the life of a young person.
- -Donate to Camp Fire! Camp Fire programs across the country empower youth. Making a donation to Camp Fire’s Vision Fund allows us to keep delivering effective, consistent programs that allow kids to find their voice and discover the sparks inside them. Your donation will impact the lives of children, teens, and families around our community. To make an individual donation, click the donate button or contact our office at 419-422-5415.
Jeri Bjorling’s Absolutely Incredible Kid Day 2018
#AIKD – Absolutely Incredible Kid Day is celebrated by adults stopping for a moment in their day to hand write letters to children in their lives. In today’s world of social media and electronic communication a handwritten note from an adult, delivered in the mailbox will be something truly special.
Camp Fire Northwest Ohio will again recognizes the importance of Absolutely Incredible Kid Day by continuing the naming our local AIKD after a favorite letter writer, Jeri Bjorling. At the time of her passing, she had written a letter to her son every year that this program existed in Findlay, Ohio. We know this event was important to her, and she believed in the impact it had for her son.
This year we celebrate at Rolling Thunder Skating & Family Fun Center, where families can come and skate for FREE. The adults can take a few moments to write letters while the kids are enjoying the rink.
In addition to the March 15th event. Camp Fire Northwest Ohio will provide traveling letter writing kits to clubs, businesses, groups, and organizations to collect even MORE letters to youth. Anyone may contact our office to request a kit. Simply have everyone in your group write their letters on the provided stationery, address and seal the envelopes and return in the kit. (adding postage stamps would be nice, but not mandatory!)
We will be collecting all the letters at the rink and tallying the totals. We are excited to see how much our community cares about our youth!
We have some exciting events planned for #AIKD. We hope you can join us!